We are a metals and waste recycling company based in Rotherham and due to workload are looking for an additional weighbridge operator/admin clerk to join our busy team, working in a male dominated environment.
The primary role of the weighbridge operator is to greet customers, Company employed drivers and external drivers along with members of the public who will be delivering in materials or removing materials from site, to accurately weigh the load using the weighsoft based computer system, this is a front line role where customer service is paramount.
- To produce accurate weighbridge tickets for all loads entering and leaving site.
- To identify the customer account & material ensuring the correct vehicle details is recorded.
- Inspect incoming documentation to ensure compliance
- Issuing instructions to drivers and visitors
- Answering the telephone in a polite and courteous manner
- Working with other members of staff to operate the facility efficiently
- Office administration and filing duties
- Be aware of personal responsibilities towards health & safety, correct use of PPE
- Issuing PPE to visitors
Key skills / Experience / Qualifications
- Good timekeeping and attendance record
- High level of numeracy and literacy skills
- High level of computer literacy
- Ability to work in a busy environment whilst ensuring the highest level of accuracy
- Good communication skills
- Flexibility towards working hours to ensure smooth running of the weighbridge
- A willingness to learn new skills
If you are interested in applying for this position please email your current CV through to email@example.com.